Share with clients:
Action Steps
  • Client Email
  • Conversation Starter
  • Social Share

New rules for overseas visitors

Making Plans-Travel Plans

Are you expecting vistors from abroad?

If so, let them know about new Canadian travel requirements for people without Canadian passports or visas.

As of September 30, the federal government will require visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada to get an electronic travel authorization. Dual citizens are encouraged to get a Canadian passport.

“Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada,” a government notice says, adding the authorization costs $7. “Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don’t wait until the last minute.”

Add a Comment

Have your say on this topic! Comments are moderated and may be edited or removed by
site admin as per our Comment Policy. Thanks!